Awesome illustrators Llew Mejia and Lindsay Nohl invited me to do a guest post on their beautiful pattern blog, 101Florals! This week’s theme was magnolias. I did color & greyscale versions, and also here’s a bonus warm-up pattern of some sort of made-up flowers!
HOW TO TUTORIALS:
- How to upload MP3 by Ixora
- How to install music by Zuvia
- How to Music players tutorial by Manatopia
- Billy player tutorial by Gyapo: part 1 → part 2 → part 3
- Flash player tutorial by Ixora
- Hypster tutorial by HTML-and-ETC
- SCM player skins & tutorial by Starious
- Streampad tutorial by Tumb1rTutorials
- Music player slider by Evaeon
- Music player tab #1 by Fukuo
- Music player tab #2 by Fukuo
- Music player tab #3 by Fukuo
- Music player corner by Gyapo
- Music player bubble by Gyapo
- Music player slim tab by Gyapo
- Music player tab by Ixora
- Music player tab by Shinkos
- Music player tab by Zuvia
Hey! Now you can easily post using Option+C (Z+C on Windows)! No more having to go to the top of your dash when inspiration strikes! Exclamation points!
- 2 Columns Posts (250px Posts)
- 400px Posts
- 500px Posts
- Links. UP to 8 custom links
- Sidebar image. width 200px height auto
- Options: Right Click . Cursor . GrayScale . Post Border . Custom Links Background . Center Sidebar Text
- Reblog Link
- Always width 500px: Askbox and Permalinks
- Videos w/o lightbox effect
- Panorama Posts
- High-Res Buttom
Guide (px Posts). Select only ONE of the options | 2 Column Posts (250px), 400px OR 500px
Like or reblog if you take it :)
Hello there! So I’ve decided to make a tutorial on how to install common pages and themes, along with a few extra notes. The following tutorial covers: [updated: 03/02/13]
- installing a theme (pastebin)
- installing themes from theme garden
- how to create/edit a page
- installing custom pages
- installing redirect themes
- editing about pages
- editting tag pages
- linking your pages
Of course, it’s not a full tutorial, and I’ll be improving/updating it whenever I can. I hope this helps!
[ ABOUT ME PAGE ]
Before asking any questions:
- make sure you read the tutorial I made
- Look through the code first. Anything that ends in one belongs in boxone, anything that ends in two belongs in box two etc
- I recommend using tumblr static uploader to upload images, and colourlovers to pick colors
- If you still have any questions, then askHow to install a page:
- Go to your customize page, scroll down the gray left sidebar until you see pages
- click on add a page and a screen should come up asking for the page url and some other options
- Create your url. And where it says standard layout, click on it and choose custom layout
- Plug in the code, click create page then save page
- You are done.
**hover over the boxes for the information to appear
Party Fonts! (via 25 party fonts | a subtle revelry)
1 - choose one of the skins below
2 - after choosing one, copy the link (not the code)
3 - go to http://scmplayer.net/ and look for “CUSTOM SKIN CSS”, and paste the link there.
4 - Then just edit your playlist with the songs that you like and it’s done! :)
New Dashboard shortcut!
Quickly switch between your blogs in just a few keystrokes.
- Mac: Option + Tab
- Windows: Z + Tab
Find more shortcuts on our Tips page.
Inkscape is a free SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) editor similar to the likes of Adobe Illustrator and CorelDRAW.
SVG files can be used to create graphics that can be scaled/enlarged into any sizes. As a result, it’s handy when designing for different screen sizes.
This advanced editor is great for creating icons and headers for use in your theme, as well as graphics such as in the image above.
GIMP is a piece of must-have image-editing software. The possibilities of GIMP are similar to that of Adobe’s Photoshop. GIMP can be used to change the colors of images, retouching photos, combining images, adding filter effects…just about everything you can do in Photoshop.
And did I mention it was free?
Having a helpful text-editor is, almost, a must for productive coding.
Notepad++ builds on the features of Notepad and adds a slew of editing tools for developers. This includes syntax highlighting, bulk text editing shortcuts (such as sorting a bunch of lines by their first letter) and the ability to add your own plugins.